All Oats Low Fat Pizza Muffins

Okay, so weight has finally caught up with me.

All my life I was the stick thin girl. For the first about 14 years of my life, I never ate so I was a stick figure. The I moved to Delhi, grew up and put on a little bit, but stayed at a healthy weight. Post 19, I ate and ate. And ate some more. And a bit more. And stayed steady, with absolutely no exercise. And I had people saying "You always eat, but you never gain weight". I laughed at Aunty Acid pictures of Pinterest that said "That one friend who eats and eats and never gains weight". I connected with it, because seriously, that was true. I never put on weight. And I was so happy! Little did I know, what came next.

Then struck the job where my parked myself in a chair for 10 hours at a time. The so-called nazar of all the people struck me down. Ate nonsense food whenever the mood struck. 3 cakes in one week of birthdays in office. Bhujia and Maggi and ice creams every day. What would that result in? Glad you asked. It results in tighter clothes and pretty dresses we keep back on the racks sadly, because it doesn't fit us.

Now no matter how much we exercise, a tighter (hehe) control on food has to be done. I don't mean cut it out of your life. I mean eat whatever you want. But portion controlled, and larger amounts of fruits and vegetables. More juices, more water. Never cut your happy foods out, because absence of that will firstly, show on your face, and secondly, induce binging. Not a good idea. Eat more fibres, cucumbers, salads, bran, oats, etc.

Speaking of oats, let me be up front. I hate oats. Not my first, nor my last choice, nor anything in between. But I had no choice. All grilled cheese sandwiches had to go. All chocolate brownies had to go. All cakes and pastries had to be cut down. No pizzas. I had to think of a way I could remix oats and bran and all those healthy things. I had a huge lot of Saffola Masala Oats leftover, and I needed to use it.

In comes my All-Oats Unbelievably Low-Fat Pizza Muffins. It's a must-have for anybody who needs to eat well, but can't stand the taste of oats and you know, anything healthy.


These are soft, spongy yet crumbly, with lots of vegetables and for your indulgence, a core of Mozzarella. These are super tasty, super quick and seriously easy! These are also great snacks, you know maybe an after-school, or after dance/ swimming snack. Trust me you'll love these!

All-Oats Low-Fat Pizza Muffins (6 standard size muffins)

You need:
  • 3 single-use packs of Saffola Masala Oats (any flavour)
  • Cut a thick slice off a block of Amul Mozzarella, cut into 6 cubes. set aside. And grate a bit more to spread on top.
  • 2 eggs
  • 31/2 tbsp of oil + a bit to grease the mould
  • A bit of milk
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • Any vegetables, maybe corn kernels, tiny diced capsicum, sliced and blanched mushrooms, soya pieces, even pieces of chicken

For the pizza sauce:
  • Oregano, chilli flakes and fried garlic bits if you have
  • Tomato ketchup/ sauce

The How:
  • First grind the oats into a fine powder in a mixer. We need to emulate the texture of flour.
  • Beat the 2 eggs and the milk well. Add the oil and beat well.
  • Add the powdered oats. Mix well so that there are no lumps.
  • Mix in the vegetables and some of the oregano and chilli flakes.
  • In a separate bowl, take about 3 tablespoons of tomato ketchup. Add some of the oregano and chilli flakes, mix well.
  • Add this mixture to the oats batter. Mix really well.
  • Put your oven for preheating.
  • Grease a muffin tin.
  • Scoop halfway through each mould.
  • Place one cheese cube in each mould. Finish off with remaining batter.


  • Spread grated cheese on each one. Sprinkle more oregano on top if you want.

  • Bake on convection mode at 180 celsius for 12 minutes or till a toothpick runs clear.

And that's it!


Serve with a nice cold glass of coffee. Since this is almost completely oil and fat free, a little bit of a milkshake is okay ;)

'Til the next time!

Comments

  1. Lovely..innovative...if I have to make without eggs? can I ? suggest if you can!! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kavita,

      Thanks for liking it! I would suggest curd, like we do for egg-less cake. I think approx. 1/4 cup yoghurt is equal to one egg. I would recommend confirming it though before making it, because I have never cooked/baked without egg before.

      Thanks once again!

      Aishwarya

      Delete
  2. this is an awesome recipe. will try this with normal oats with added spices. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a muffin. I was the stick-thin girl growing up too. I can still remember when I finally got over 100 pounds. But my metabolism slowed with age, and now I'm trying to kick all those sugary things I love and used to be able to eat without gaining an ounce. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've shut down on EVERYTHING sweet and sugary. Birthday cakes? Nope. Doughnuts? Nope. Ice cream? Double nope. It's tough, it really is.
      But you know, it's also good for health to cut out all that. So as difficult as it is in the beginning, it's worth it later!
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts